- A raise in the price of an item for sale. (noun)
- An amount added to a cost price in calculating a selling price, especially an amount that takes into account overhead and profit. (noun)
- A session of a U.S. congressional committee at which a legislative bill is put into final form. (noun)
- The collection of detailed stylistic instructions written on a manuscript that is to be typeset. (noun)
- Computer Science The collection of tags that describe the specifications of an electronic document, as for formatting. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.