- Materials, such as letters and packages, handled in a postal system. (noun)
- Postal material for a specific person or organization. (noun)
- Material processed for distribution from a post office at a specified time: the morning mail. (noun)
- A system by which letters, packages, and other postal materials are transported. Used in the plural with the. (noun)
- A vehicle by which mail is transported. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.