- Past tense and past participle of make. (verb)
- Produced or manufactured by constructing, shaping, or forming. Often used in combination: handmade lace; ready-made suits. (adjective)
- Produced or created artificially: bought some made goods at the local store. (adjective)
- Having been invented; contrived: These made excuses of yours just won't wash. (adjective)
- Assured of success: a made man. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.