- Small in size: a little dining room. See Synonyms at small. (adjective)
- Short in extent or duration; brief: There is little time left. (adjective)
- Small in quantity or degree: little money. (adjective)
- Unimportant; trivial: a little matter. (adjective)
- Narrow; petty: mean little comments; a little mind consumed with trivia. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.