Definition of "linguistically" [lin•guis•tic•al•ly]
- (adverb) In the manner of linguistics.
- (adverb) From a linguistic perspective.
Use "linguistically" in a sentence
- ""That France should attempt to recolonize the world linguistically is surely more compatible with the aims of a great and confident power than is its attempt to preserve French as a genetically inviolate hothouse flower.""
- "Referring to one of GG's "consult your style guide" suggestions: Use italics when using a word linguistically, which means when you are talking about the word itself."
- "It follows that failing to use an expression in accordance with its meaning is not using the expression linguistically incorrectly, but using it with a different meaning."