- A ruler, an official, or an important person in India and some central Asian countries. (noun)
- A medieval ruler of a Mongol, Tartar, or Turkish tribe. (noun)
- A caravansary in certain Asian countries. (noun)
- (formerly) a title borne by medieval Chinese emperors and Mongol and Turkic rulers: usually added to a name (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Such a ruler (noun)
- A title of respect borne by important personages in Afghanistan and central Asia (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016