- Impossible to see; not visible: Air is invisible. (adjective)
- Not accessible to view; hidden: mountain peaks invisible in the fog. (adjective)
- Not easily noticed or detected; inconspicuous: "The poor are politically invisible” ( Michael Harrington). (adjective)
- Not published in financial statements: an invisible asset. (adjective)
- One that is invisible. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.