- Uncorrupted by evil, malice, or wrongdoing; sinless: an innocent child. (adjective)
- Not guilty of a specific crime or offense; legally blameless: was innocent of all charges. (adjective)
- Within, allowed by, or sanctioned by the law; lawful. (adjective)
- Not dangerous or harmful; innocuous: an innocent prank. (adjective)
- Candid; straightforward: a child's innocent stare. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.