- The state, quality, or virtue of being innocent, as: (noun)
- Freedom from sin, moral wrong, or guilt through lack of knowledge of evil. (noun)
- Guiltlessness of a specific legal crime or offense. (noun)
- Freedom from guile, cunning, or deceit; simplicity or artlessness. (noun)
- Lack of worldliness or sophistication; naiveté. (noun)
- The quality or state of being innocent (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016