- A public lodging house serving food and drink to travelers; a hotel. (noun)
- A tavern or restaurant. (noun)
- Chiefly British Formerly, a residence hall for students, especially law students, in London. (noun)
- A pub or small hotel providing food and accommodation (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- (formerly, in England) a college or hall of residence for students, esp of law, now only in the names of such institutions as the Inns of Court (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016