- The act or process of infusing. (noun)
- Something infused or introduced: an economy in need of regular capital infusions. (noun)
- The liquid product obtained by infusing: prepared an infusion of medicinal herbs. (noun)
- Introduction of a solution into the body through a vein for therapeutic purposes. (noun)
- The solution so introduced: a sucrose infusion. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.