Definition of "hop" [hop]
- (verb-intransitive) To move with light bounding skips or leaps.
- (verb-intransitive) Informal To move quickly or busily: The shipping department is hopping this week.
- (verb-intransitive) To jump on one foot.
- (verb-intransitive) To make a quick trip, especially in an airplane.
- (verb-intransitive) To travel or move often from place to place. Often used in combination: party-hop.
Use "hop" in a sentence
- "I went and put on a rabbit suit with a fluffy tail for my own amusement … * hop hop*"
- "*step step hop step step hop step step hop step step hop* *slyde slyde wiggle, slyde slyde wiggle, slyde slyde gigglolZ*"
- "As you take great interest in housewifery concerns, I shall send you a recipe for what we call hop - rising*."