- A place where one lives; a residence. (noun)
- The physical structure within which one lives, such as a house or apartment. (noun)
- A dwelling place together with the family or social unit that occupies it; a household. (noun)
- An environment offering security and happiness. (noun)
- A valued place regarded as a refuge or place of origin. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.