Definition of "herb" [herb]
- (noun) A plant whose stem does not produce woody, persistent tissue and generally dies back at the end of each growing season.
- (noun) Any of various often aromatic plants used especially in medicine or as seasoning.
- (noun) Slang Marijuana.
Use "herb" in a sentence
- "In the parlance of herbal medicine, the term herb applies to any plant or plant part that is used to make medicinal preparations."
- "The word herb has usually been used to refer to any plant or plant part valued for its medicinal, savory, or aromatic qualities."
- "It's funny how "herb" is the last thing that comes to mind when I see the word "pot" ... and how it is the first thing that you think of on seeing the same word."