- The process of growing. (noun)
- Full development; maturity. (noun)
- Development from a lower or simpler to a higher or more complex form; evolution. (noun)
- An increase, as in size, number, value, or strength; extension or expansion: population growth. (noun)
- Something that grows or has grown: a new growth of grass. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.