- The act or process of granulating. (noun)
- The condition or appearance of being granulated. (noun)
- Small, fleshy, beadlike protuberances, consisting of outgrowths of new capillaries, on the surface of a wound that is healing. Also called granulation tissue. (noun)
- The formation of these protuberances. (noun)
- The small, transient, brilliant granular markings on the photosphere of the sun. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.