- An incompetent, foolish, or stupid person. (noun)
- A careless mistake; a slip. (noun)
- To make a silly mistake; blunder: goofed up by turning right instead of left. (verb-intransitive)
- To waste or kill time: goofed around at the mall. (verb-intransitive)
- To tease or make fun of someone: goofed on her younger brother. (verb-intransitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.