- A record or table of the descent of a person, family, or group from an ancestor or ancestors; a family tree. (noun)
- Direct descent from an ancestor; lineage or pedigree. (noun)
- The study or investigation of ancestry and family histories. (noun)
- The direct descent of an individual or group from an ancestor (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The study of the evolutionary development of animals and plants from earlier forms (noun)
- A chart showing the relationships and descent of an individual, group, genes, etc (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016