- A sturdy, tightly woven fabric of cotton, wool, or rayon twill. Also called gaberdine. (noun)
- See gaberdine. (noun)
- Chiefly British A laborer's long loose smock; a gaberdine. (noun)
- A twill-weave worsted, cotton, or spun-rayon fabric (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- An ankle-length loose coat or frock worn by men, esp by Jews, in the Middle Ages (noun)
- Any of various other garments made of gabardine, esp a child's raincoat (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016