- The indefinite time yet to come: will try to do better in the future. (noun)
- Something that will happen in time to come: "The future comes apace” ( Shakespeare). (noun)
- A prospective or expected condition, especially one considered with regard to growth, advancement, or development: a business with no future. (noun)
- Business Commodities or stocks bought or sold upon agreement of delivery in time to come. (noun)
- Grammar The form of a verb used in speaking of action that has not yet occurred or of states not yet in existence. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.