- The act of foreclosing, especially a legal proceeding by which a mortgage is foreclosed. (noun)
- To deprive (a mortgagor, etc) of the right to redeem (a mortgage or pledge) (verb)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- To shut out; bar (verb)
- To prevent or hinder (verb)
- To answer or settle (an obligation, promise, etc) in advance (verb)
- To make an exclusive claim to (verb)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016