- Condensed water vapor in cloudlike masses lying close to the ground and limiting visibility. (noun)
- An obscuring haze, as of atmospheric dust or smoke. (noun)
- A mist or film clouding a surface, as of a window, lens, or mirror. (noun)
- A cloud of vaporized liquid, especially a chemical spray used in fighting fires. (noun)
- A state of mental vagueness or bewilderment. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.