- Made or worn loose or draped, as to allow or suggest fluttering in the wind: a flyaway coat; long, flyaway hair. (adjective)
- Prepared for immediate flight: a plane in flyaway condition. (adjective)
- Designed for air travel: flyaway bags. (adjective)
- Given to frivolity; flighty. (adjective)
- Sports An aerial gymnastic move performed on the parallel bars, rings, or other apparatus, especially a flying dismount with a somersault. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.