- A flow or flowing. (noun)
- A continued flow; a flood. See Synonyms at flow. (noun)
- The flowing in of the tide. (noun)
- Medicine The discharge of large quantities of fluid material from the body, especially the discharge of watery feces from the intestines. (noun)
- Physics The rate of flow of fluid, particles, or energy through a given surface. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.