- A small portable lamp usually powered by batteries. (noun)
- A brief brilliant flood of light from a photographic lamp. (noun)
- A bright light, as of a signal lamp, that flashes at regular intervals. (noun)
- A small portable electric lamp powered by one or more dry batteries (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The brief bright light emitted by an electronic flash unit (noun)
- A light that flashes, used for signalling, in a lighthouse, etc (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016