- Of, relating to, or characterized by fiction; imaginary. (adjective)
- Accepted or assumed for the sake of convention: a fictitious belief. (adjective)
- Adopted or assumed in order to deceive: a fictitious name. (adjective)
- Not genuinely believed or felt; sham: greeted me with a fictitious enthusiasm. (adjective)
- Not genuine or authentic; assumed; false (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of fiction; created by the imagination (adjective)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016