- Quaint or strange in form, conception, or appearance. (adjective)
- Unrestrainedly fanciful; extravagant: fantastic hopes. (adjective)
- Bizarre, as in form or appearance; strange: fantastic attire; fantastic behavior. (adjective)
- Based on or existing only in fantasy; unreal: fantastic ideas about her own superiority. (adjective)
- Wonderful or superb; remarkable: a fantastic trip to Europe. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.