- Constituting each and all members of a group without exception. (adjective)
- Being all possible: had every chance of winning, but lost. (adjective)
- Being each of a specified succession of objects or intervals: every third seat; every two hours. (adjective)
- Being the highest degree or expression of: showed us every attention; had every hope of succeeding. (adjective)
- Every bit Informal In all ways; equally: He is every bit as mean as she is. (idiom)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.