- Raised especially above the ground: an elevated platform. (adjective)
- Increased in amount or degree: an elevated temperature. (adjective)
- Morally or intellectually superior. (adjective)
- Formal; lofty: an elevated prose style. (adjective)
- Elated in feeling or mood; high-spirited. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.