- Suitable for being eaten, especially without cooking: good eating apples. (adjective)
- Used in the ingestion of food, as at the table: eating utensils. (adjective)
- Food, esp in relation to its quality or taste (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Relating to or suitable for eating, esp uncooked (adjective)
- Relating to or for eating (adjective)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016