- The smallest quantity of liquid heavy enough to fall in a spherical mass. See Table at measurement. (noun)
- A small quantity of a substance. (noun)
- Liquid medicine administered in drops. (noun)
- A trace or hint: not a drop of pity. (noun)
- Something shaped or hanging like a drop. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.