- Performance of an act: a job not worth the doing. (noun)
- Activities that go on every day: "A motley crew they are, their doings as dark as they are ludicrous” ( John Simon). (noun)
- Social events and activities. (noun)
- An action or the performance of an action (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A beating or castigation (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016