- Having the nature of or being a deity. (adjective)
- Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity: sought divine guidance through meditation. (adjective)
- Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred. (adjective)
- Superhuman; godlike. (adjective)
- Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.