- Verbal expression in speech or writing. (noun)
- Verbal exchange; conversation. (noun)
- A formal, lengthy discussion of a subject, either written or spoken. (noun)
- Archaic The process or power of reasoning. (noun)
- To speak or write formally and at length. See Synonyms at speak. (verb-intransitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.