- To perceive with the eyes or intellect; detect. (verb-transitive)
- To recognize or comprehend mentally. (verb-transitive)
- To perceive or recognize as being different or distinct; distinguish. See Synonyms at see1. (verb-transitive)
- To perceive differences. (verb-intransitive)
- To recognize or perceive clearly (verb)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- To recognize or perceive (differences) (verb)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016