- Inoperative: a disabled vehicle. (adjective)
- Impaired, as in physical functioning: a disabled veteran; disabled children. (adjective)
- Physically impaired people considered as a group: the physically disabled. (noun)
- Lacking one or more physical powers, such as the ability to walk or to coordinate one's movements, as from the effects of a disease or accident, or through mental impairment (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- (as collective noun; preceded by the) (adjective)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016