- The top of a desk. (noun)
- Computer Science The background image of a display screen, on which windows, icons, and other graphical items appear. (noun)
- Designed for use on a desk or table: a desktop telephone; a desktop computer. (adjective)
- The main screen display on a personal computer, from which windows may be opened and programs run (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Denoting a computer system, esp for word processing, that is small enough to use at a desk (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016