Definition of "declassification" [declassification]
- (noun) The process of declassifying, process of making non-restricted.
- (noun) An instance of the declassifying process.
Use "declassification" in a sentence
- "2. If the President directed the action and it is properly classified as declassification, then does the PRes have the authority to declassify THE NIE?"
- "OpenTheGovernment. org's 40+ page report (PDF) touches on digital issues, such as declassification of emails and the Open Government Directive project, but mainly sticks to issues like FOIA, FISA, executive privilege, and whistleblower protection."
- "Over at the Left Coaster, eRiposte takes apart the notion that this "declassification" was in any way intended to benefit the public."