Definition of "day" [day]
- (noun) The period of light between dawn and nightfall; the interval from sunrise to sunset.
- (noun) The 24-hour period during which the earth completes one rotation on its axis.
- (noun) The period during which a celestial body makes a similar rotation.
- (noun) One of the numbered 24-hour periods into which a week, month, or year is divided.
- (noun) The portion of a 24-hour period that is devoted to work, school, or business: an eight-hour day; a sale that lasted for three days.
Use "day" in a sentence
- "Not an eventful day but a relaxing day witch is what I need."
- "Then calculate the calorific value (per person per day) for each commodity (use Table 3) and fill the row Targeted ration Kcal/person/day"
- "A little flock of these titmice came daily to pick a dinner out of my wood pile, or the crumbs at my door, with faint flitting lisping notes, like the tinkling of icicles in the grass, or else with sprightly _day day day_, or more rarely, in spring-like days, a wiry summery _phe-be_ from the wood-side."