Definition of "crash" [crash]
- (verb-intransitive) To break violently or noisily; smash.
- (verb-intransitive) To undergo sudden damage or destruction on impact: Their car crashed into a guardrail. The airplane crashed over the ocean.
- (verb-intransitive) To make a sudden loud noise: breakers crashing against the rocks.
- (verb-intransitive) To move noisily or so as to cause damage: went crashing through the woods.
- (verb-intransitive) To undergo a sudden severe downturn, as a market or economy.
Use "crash" in a sentence
- "The _crash, crash, crash, crash_ of four heavy shells, one following another almost as quickly as you would read the words, focused all one's attention on that point."
- "You can just hear, through the crash, the shriek of a third and fourth shell as they come tearing down the vault of heaven -- _crash -- crash_."
- "For some odd reason, people who work in a field where the word crash brings to mind human injury rather than balky software tend to work slowly and methodically."