- A style of dress, including garments, accessories, and hairstyle, especially as characteristic of a particular country, period, or people. (noun)
- An outfit or a disguise worn on Mardi Gras, Halloween, or similar occasions. (noun)
- A set of clothes appropriate for a particular occasion or season. (noun)
- To put a costume on; dress. (verb-transitive)
- To design or furnish costumes for. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.