- A meeting for consultation or discussion. (noun)
- An exchange of views. (noun)
- A meeting of committees to settle differences between two legislative bodies. (noun)
- An assembly of clerical or of clerical and lay members from a particular district in various Protestant churches. (noun)
- Sports An association of teams. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.