- Any of various bivalve mollusks of the family Cardiidae, having rounded or heart-shaped shells with radiating ribs. (noun)
- The shell of a cockle. (noun)
- A wrinkle; a pucker. (noun)
- Nautical A cockleshell. (noun)
- To become or cause to become wrinkled or puckered. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.