- A sleeved outer garment extending from the shoulders to the waist or below. (noun)
- A garment extending to just below the waist and usually forming the top part of a suit. (noun)
- A natural outer covering, such as the fur of an animal; an integument. (noun)
- A layer of material covering something else; a coating: a second coat of paint. (noun)
- To provide or cover with a coat. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.