- A buffoon or jester who entertains by jokes, antics, and tricks in a circus, play, or other presentation. (noun)
- One who jokes and plays tricks. (noun)
- A coarse, rude, vulgar person; a boor. (noun)
- A peasant; a rustic. (noun)
- To behave like a buffoon or jester. (verb-intransitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.