- An obstruction or hindrance. (noun)
- A weight, such as a block, attached to the leg of an animal to hinder movement. (noun)
- A heavy, usually wooden-soled shoe. (noun)
- To obstruct movement on or in; block up: Heavy traffic clogged the freeways. (verb-transitive)
- To hamper the function or activity of; impede: "attorneys clogging our courts with actions designed to harass state and local governments” ( Roslyn L. Anderson and Patricia L. Irvin). (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.