- A large mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles. Cannon include guns, howitzers, and mortars. (noun)
- The loop at the top of a bell by which it is hung. (noun)
- A round bit for a horse. (noun)
- Zoology The section of the lower leg in some hoofed mammals between the hock or knee and the fetlock, containing the cannon bone. (noun)
- Chiefly British A carom made in billiards. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.