- A rich sweet confection made with sugar and often flavored or combined with fruits or nuts. (noun)
- A piece of such a confection. (noun)
- To reduce to sugar crystals. (verb-transitive)
- To cook, preserve, saturate, or coat with sugar or syrup. (verb-transitive)
- To make pleasant or agreeable; sweeten. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.