Definition of "cabernet" [cabernet]
- (noun) Cabernet Sauvignon
- (noun) a type of grape
- (noun) the red wine made from this grape
Use "cabernet" in a sentence
- "And growing cabernet is challenging on the east end of Long Island -- even on the warmer North Fork."
- "But it does not take a genius to decide whether or not the Mayacamas approach to cabernet is successful, as with sufficient bottle age, these magical cabernet sauvignons simply tower over most of their contemporaries."
- "As Bob Travers ventures to say, “all that talk of physiological ripeness these days with cabernet is simply an excuse to try and get huge crop loads to ripen sufficiently, as cabernet is always going to taste really green at those yields unless you let the grapes hang out there until they are nearly raisins.”"