- A trademark or distinctive name identifying a product or a manufacturer. (noun)
- A product line so identified: a popular brand of soap. (noun)
- A distinctive category; a particular kind: a brand of comedy that I do not care for. (noun)
- A mark indicating identity or ownership, burned on the hide of an animal with a hot iron. (noun)
- A mark burned into the flesh of criminals. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.